Apple phyllo baskets are a recipe for a delicious dessert. They have a beautiful and elegant appearance and are perfect for serving on various occasions.
The sweet cups with a tasty filling of apples, walnuts and cinnamon are also an excellent idea for a breakfast or for a buffet menu.
The apple filling could be replaced with pineapple, almonds and grated coconut to get a more exotic flavour.
Apple phyllo baskets
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry
- 300 g apple (peeled and diced)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 30 g butter (melted)
- 50 g brown sugar
- 30 g walnuts (chopped)
- q.s. cinnamon
- q.s. powdered sugar
- Peel and dice the apples. Add a tablespoon of lemon juice and mix it.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the phyllo pastry leaves into 6 equal squares.
- Take a small piece and brush with a little melted butter. Then put another piece on top. Place in the cup of a muffin pan. Fill the twelve molds of the pan in the same way.
- Fill each cup with the same amount of diced apples.
- Add a teaspoon of brown sugar in each mould.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts evenly.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon to taste.
- Cover each mold with a square of phyllo pastry. Brush with a little melted butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180° for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Place the apple phyllo baskets in a serving plate. Sprinkle with some powdered sugar before serving.