Aromatic roasted aubergines – a delicious dish with a fresh taste.
Aubergine is a vegetable that can be prepared in different ways. The recipe for roasted aubergines is an idea for a light summer dinner or a part of a guest menu. The aubergines are flavoured with fresh mint, lemon, olive oil and cherry tomatoes. It goes perfectly with rice, couscous or salad.
The dish is very tasty hot or cold.
Aromatic roasted aubergines
- 2 aubergines (about 800 g)
- 5 g mint (fresh )
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- q.s. salt
- q.s. black pepper
- Wash and dry the aubergines, then and remove the stem end off. Slice them in half, lengthwise. Using a sharp knife, score the inside surface in a cross hatch pattern. Sprinkle with salt and leave them to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the mint and combine it with the olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Dry the aubergines with kitchen paper to remove the excess liquid. Place them in a tray covered with baking paper.
- Distribute the mixture over the aubergine halves, pressing it into and in between the cuts.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes, cut them in half and put them in the aubergines. Sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 200° for about 35-40 minutes.