The baked chickpeas and peas burgers are tasty, healthy and easy to prepare. They are completely made with ingredients of vegetable origin, which makes the burgers excellent also for vegetarian and vegan menus. Chickpeas are legumes rich in proteins and an excellent source of mineral salts.
The burgers could be served in various ways: with fresh salad, seasoned with different sauces and yogurt, or to prepare vegetarian sandwiches.
Baked chickpea and pea burger
- 300 g chickpeas ( boiled)
- 100 g green peas (fresh or frozen )
- 1 carrot (about 50 g)
- 30 g red onion
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- q.s. salt
- q.s. sesame
- The chickpeas in cans can be used. Otherwise If the chickpeas are dried, they need to be boiled and soaked before. So wash and soak the chickpeas in water with a pinch of baking soda for 12 hours. After that, drain, rinse and boil them. In order to calculate the quantity, it should be considered that during the boiling, the chickpeas will double in volume.
- Peel, wash and cut the carrot and the onion into large pieces. Then boil them together with the green peas for about 10 minutes until softened. After that drain the vegetables.
- Put the cooked vegetables (chickpeas, green peas, carrot and onion) into a large bowl. Add the olive oil and rosemary leaves. Blend everything until a smooth and homogeneous cream is obtained.
- Add the breadcrumbs and salt to taste. Mix it well.
- Form the vegetable mixture into small flat patties. Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the burgers with olive oil and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 200 ° for about 25-30 minutes.
- The burgers could be served in various ways: with fresh salad, seasoned with different sauces and yogurt, or to prepare vegetarian sandwiches.