The baked pasta with spinach and ricotta is a delicious dish with a rich and creamy flavour. It is suitable for all ages and tastes, even for vegetarians. Spinach is a food with numerous benefits. Among all the dairy products, ricotta is the one with a lower fat content.
Baked pasta with spinach and ricotta
- 300 g pasta (fusilli or other shape)
- 200 g spinach
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 200 ml milk
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- q.s. salt
- q.s. black pepper
- q.s. ground nutmeg ( optional)
- 200 g mozzarella ( or parmesan or cheddar cheese)
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil, salt it and add the pasta.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach and a glove of garlic cut in half in a pan. Add the olive oil and 2 ladles of the pasta cooking water and leave it for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the milk and after that add the ricotta, stirring it. Add salt, pepper to taste and some nutmeg (optional). Remove the garlic.
- Drain the pasta 'al dente’ (cook it 2-3 minutes less than the package directions). Add it to the sauce and mix it all together.
- Transfer it into a baking tray, sprinkle with grated mozzarella, parmesan or cheddar cheese.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 200° for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.