Beef rolls with apples is an interesting idea for a delicious dish in everyday life or for a special event. The combination of veal with apple, rosemary and white wine gives a rich, aromatic and irresistible taste.
Beef rolls with apples
- 230-240 g veal or beef fillet (2 - 4 slices about 5 mm thick )
- 1 apple
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 150 ml white wine
- 5-6 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 bay leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary (fresh)
- q.s. salt
- q.s. black pepper
- Season the meat with salt and black pepper to taste. Finely chop the rosemary leaves and sprinkle on top.
- Peel the apple and cut the half into thin slices, then place them over the fillets. Pour a drizzle of olive oil.
- Roll up each slice of meat to get a roll. Close with toothpicks.
- Peel and chop the carrot, onion and the other half of the apple into small cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan with a lid and put the rolls.
- Add the chopped carrot, onion and apple, the bay leaves and the white wine. Cover with a lid and cook over moderate heat for about 35-40 minutes, turning the meat occasionally.
- Remove the toothpicks and serve.