The cheese balls are very quick and easy to prepare appetizer for presenting the favorite cheese in a more original way. They are an excellent idea for buffet menus, birthdays or other events. To all ingredients I also add a dose of imagination, because according to tastes and preferences, the cheese balls can be decorated with various spices, nuts or seeds.
- 200 g feta cheese
- 80 g ricotta cheese
- 40 g cheddar cheese (grated finely)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- q.s. almonds
- q.s. ground red pepper
- q.s. coconut (grated)
- q.s. thyme (fresh)
- In a bowl, mash the feta cheese with a fork.
- Add the cheddar cheese, the ricotta and the olive oil.
- Mix everything well and knead it by hands until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Form balls from the mixture, placing a piece of almond in the middle.
- Put some red pepper, grated coconut and thyme into different bowls and roll each ball through different spices to cover entirely.
- Put the cheese balls in the refrigerator before serving. They can also be decorated with other spices, seeds or nuts.