Chicken breasts with gorgonzola and thyme is a dish with irresistible aroma and rich taste. It is quick and easy to prepare and at the same time it is original and distinguished. It is ideal for a quick dinner or to be served as a delicacy for guests. The chicken meat is combined with creamy milk sauce and Italian blue cheese gorgonzola. In addition, the thyme adds fresh and aromatic flavour.
Chicken breast with gorgonzola and thyme
- 400 g chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 50 ml white wine
- 4-5 sprigs thyme
- q.s. salt
- q.s. black pepper
- 300 ml milk
- 200 g gorgonzola
- 50 g parmesan or yellow cheese (grated)
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips or cubes and place them in a hot pan. Stir for a few minutes until the meat whitens.
- Add the olive oil, white wine, 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme, salt and black pepper to taste. Cover with a lid and leave it for about 10-15 minutes over moderate heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, warm up the milk and then add the gorgonzola cut into large cubes. Combine it until a creamy mixture is obtained. Add the grated yellow cheese and mix it.
- Add the chicken to the sauce. Stir and leave it for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Serve the dish sprinkled with fresh thyme leaves.