Chickpeas stew with tomatoes and rosemary is a recipe for a tasty and nutritious dish.
Chickpeas are legumes rich in proteins and an excellent source of mineral salts.
- 300 g chickpeas ( dry)
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 sprig rosemary (fresh)
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 60-70 g onion
- 60-70 g carrots
- 60-70 g celery
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 300 ml tomato sauce
- q.s. salt
- q.s. black pepper
Follow me on Instagram Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
- Soak the chickpeas in water and 1 pinch of baking soda for about 12 hours.
- Rinse the chickpeas, put them in a saucepan, pour water and cook until they are almost cooked.
- Drain the chickpeas, leaving some of the cooking water aside.
- Wash, peel and finely chop the onion, carrot and celery.
- In a saucepan, stew the chopped vegetables with the olive oil and a little cooking water.
- Add the whole garlic cloves and finely chopped rosemary leaves.
- Add the chickpeas, salt and black pepper to taste, the tomato sauce and some cooking water. Mix it. Cover with aa lid and cook until the chickpeas are completely cooked.
- Drizzle some olive oil before serving.
- Enjoy your meal!