Three interesting suggestions for appetizers for the Christmas or New Year’s menu, presented in a beautiful way to create a festive atmosphere.
- Savoury cucumber cheesecake clock
- Candles appetizer
- Snowmen appetizer
Savoury cucumber cheesecake is an idea for an original and delicious appetizer. The cheesecake is without baking, with a cracker crust and a fresh cream of yoghurt, mascarpone and cucumbers.
The recipe presents in a different way the fresh taste of tarator, the Bulgarian cold soup made with yoghurt and cucumbers.
See the recipe here.
The cheese appetizer in the form of candles is an interesting proposal for the festive table.
100 g feta cheese
40 g ricotta cheese
20 g cheddar cheese (finely grated)
1 tbsp olive oil
q.s red pepper
q.s cherry tomatoes
1. Mash the feta cheese with a fork.
2. Add the finely grated cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese and olive oil.
3. Mix everything well and knead it by hands until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
4. Form candles from the mixture. Spread with some yogurt on the top of each candle. Prick a sharp piece of red pepper on each.
5. Arrange the candles on a tray garnished with parsley and cherry tomatoes (or other salad of your choice).
Ingredients for 4-5 snowmen:
100 g potatoes (peeled and boiled)
40 ml of mayonnaise
q.s black pepper
q.s. grated coconut
black pepper grains
1. Boil and peel the eggs.
2. Peel and boil the potatoes. Mash until they are hot and let them cool.
3. Mash the egg yolks with a fork and grate the whites.
4. In a bowl, mix the mashed potatoes together with the yolks and whites.
5. Add the mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. Mix it.
6. Form two types of balls – large for the body (about 30 g) and smaller (about 20 g) for the head. Roll each ball in the grated coconut. Unit the big with the small ball using a toothpick.
7. Arrange the snowmen on a tray and put the black pepper grains to form eyes, a slice of red pepper for the mouth, a small sharp piece of carrot for the nose and a circle of carrot for the hat. Put a sprig of parsley on both sides and wrap a thin strip of leek around the neck to form a scarf.
8. Store the appetizer in the refrigerator before serving.