The creamy potato broccoli soup with chia seeds is a very tasty and nutritious dish, perfect for the winter. Potatoes and broccoli, thanks to the high content of vitamins and minerals, have a beneficial effect on the whole body. Chia seeds are defined as a superfood. They are rich in minerals and an excellent source of nutrients, necessary for the human body. Served with crispy croutons with aromatic herbs, the creamy soup is an excellent idea for a delicious and quick to prepare dinner.
Creamy potato broccoli soup with chia seeds
- 550 g potatoes
- 200 g broccoli
- 1 carrot (about 50 g)
- 50 g leek
- 5 g parsley
- 20 g butter
- q.s. salt
- q.s. black pepper
- q.s. chia seeds
- q.s. parmesan cheese (optional)
For the croutons:
- 100 g bread
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil (dried)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- Peel, wash and cut the potatoes and the carrot into large cubes. Put them in a large saucepan and pour 1 litre of water. Bring to a boil.
- About 5 minutes after boiling, add the broccoli, the leeks and the parsley, roughly chopped. Leave it for another 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- After that blend it all together.
- Add the butter, salt and pepper to taste, stir and leave it on a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the croutons, dicing the bread into small cubes. Pour the oil and sprinkle with the basil and oregano. Mix everything and spread the bread cubes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Put them in a preheated oven at 200° for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve the soup hot, topped with the croutons and chia seeds. It could be garnished with parmesan or any other cheese to taste.