Date chocolate balls – a recipe for homemade, delicious, sweet and at the same time healthy.
Dates are the fruits of the date palm, typical of North Africa and the Middle East, whose fruits are dried for the most part in the sun. They are rich in fibres and many vitamins and minerals such as potassium, iron, phosphorus, calcium and vitamins A and B.
The taste of aromatic dates is complemented by two other healthy ingredients rich in nutrients – raw almonds and coconut oil.
The balls are wrapped in a thin layer of dark chocolate, which makes them irresistible in appearance and even more irresistible in taste.
The date chocolate balls are the perfect dose of sweetness and energy for everyone.
Date chocolate balls
- 150 g dates (pitted)
- 100 g almonds (raw, peeled)
- 10 g coconut butter
- 90-100 g dark chocolate
- q.s. grated coconut (optional)
- Grind the almonds in a food processor or with an immersion blender. Place in a bowl.
- Pit the dates. Blend them in a food processor or with an immersion blender. After that combine with the ground almonds.
- Add the coconut oil and mix very well until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Shape the mixture into small balls (about 15 grams each). Approximately 16-17 balls are obtained. Arrange them on a plate.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate and arrange on a silicone plate or a foil-lined plate.
- Optionally, sprinkle the balls with grated coconut.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Remove the balls from the plate and arrange them on a serving tray, paper packaging or a box.