The Easter bread cake with jelly cream and strawberry is a great idea to use the leftover Easter bread and serve it in a different way. The cake is quick and easy to prepare without baking. The cream with yogurt, mascarpone and gelatin has a light and pleasantly fresh taste. The fresh strawberries enrich the flavour and give additional good taste and nice look.
Easter bread cake with jelly cream and strawberry
- 300 g easter bread
- 50 ml liqueur (of choice)
- 400 g strawberry (fresh )
- 400 ml yogurt
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g mascarpone
- 10 g powdered gelatin
- Cut the Easter bread into slices and place them on the bottom and on the walls of a 24 cm diameter cake pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with the liqueur.
- Wash and dry the strawberries, then chop the half of them. Leave the other half for decoration.
- Dissolve the gelatin in 50 ml of water and leave it to swell for 5 minutes. After that, melt it in a water bath, stirring constantly, without bringing it to a boil.
- Beat the yogurt with the sugar and mascarpone until a creamy mixture is obtained. First, add only a few tablespoons of the mixture to the melted gelatin and mix. Then add it to the rest of the cream and mix it well.
- Add the chopped strawberries and mix. Pour the mixture into the easter bread and put it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Decorate the cake with the strawberries and serve it.