Gnocchi with butter and sage is a recipe for а quick preparation of potato gnocchi.
Gnocchi is one of the most famous dishes of Italian cuisine, prepared in all regions of Italy. There are different variations for the preparation of gnocchi: with wheat flour, rice, semolina, potatoes, corn flour or pumpkin.
The most common are potato gnocchi – small potato balls, prepared with boiled potatoes, flour and egg (there is an option without an egg).
The full recipe for homemade potato gnocchi is here.
Gnocchi with butter and sage
- 500 g potato gnocchi
- 80-100 g butter
- 10 leaves sage
- q.s. salt
- q.s. parmesan cheese (grated)
- Make the potato gnocchi. The recipe for homemade potato gnocchi is here.
- In a large pot, boil the water and add the salt.
- In a pan, put the butter with the sage leaves and melt over low heat.
- Put a small portion of the gnocchi in boiling water and cook for about 1-2 minutes until they rise to the surface.
- Add a little cooking water to the butter.
- Drain the gnocchi and pour them into the pan.
- Stir, adding a little cooking water if necessary. Turn off the heat and add the grated parmesan (optional).
- Serve the gnocchi hot.