Homemade melon ice cream – a portion of freshness with an irresistible natural taste.
Ice cream recipe lactose free. It contains only plant-based ingredients, without eggs and milk. It is made with fresh melon and homemade vegan cream.
The ice cream can be garnished with nuts, grated coconut or homemade chocolate syrup.
The full recipe for making homemade vegetable cream is here.
Homemade melon ice cream
- 500 g melon (without seeds and skin)
- 250 ml homemade vegan cream
- 50 g brown sugar
- 20 g honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- The homemade vegan cream should be prepared in advance. (Pour 100 ml of soy milk and 200 ml of sunflower oil into a tall container. Blend it with an immersion blender until a homogeneous and creamy mixture is obtained. Leave it in the refrigerator for at least an hour.) 250 ml of the cream are necessary for the ice cream.
- Clean the melon, removing the peel and the seeds. Cut the fruit (500 g) into pieces and then blend it together with the lemon juice.
- Pour the blended melon into a bowl and add the honey. Mix it well.
- Combine the cream with the brown sugar and then add it to the melon. Mix everything gently.
- Pour the mixture into a container, cover with plastic wrap and put it in the freezer.
- Leave it for at least 6-7 hours, mixing it with a spoon every 30 minutes.
- The ice cream can be garnished with nuts, grated coconut or homemade chocolate syrup.