Lentil stew with rosemary – a recipe for a dish with a rich and tasty flavour.
Lentils are among the oldest legumes with numerous health benefits. They are a source of iron and vegetable proteins. Lentils are therefore a highly recommended food for consumption.
The lentil stew is delicious and tasty thanks to the herbs – rosemary and bay leaves. The dish is satiating and nutritious at the same time. It is suitable for everyone.
- 250 g lentils
- 1/2 onion (about 50-60 g)
- 1 carrot (about 50-60 g)
- 1 stalk celery (about 50-60 g)
- 100 ml tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- q.s. salt
- q.s. black pepper
- parsley (optional)
- Clean and rinse the lentils in a strainer under running water.
- Peel and finely chop the onion, carrot and celery. Pour the olive oil into a pan and add the chopped vegetables. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the lentils. Then add a whole clove of garlic and rosemary with bay leaf, tied with string so that they can be removed more easily afterwards.
- Pour about 800-900 ml of hot water or vegetable broth. Then, add more if necessary, depending on the type of lentils and according to the desired density.
- After about 15 minutes from the start of boiling, add the tomato sauce and simmer for another 15-20 minutes until the lentils are cooked.
- At the end of cooking, remove the rosemary, the bay leaf and the garlic clove. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix it.
- Serve the dish hot sprinkled with finely chopped fresh parsley (optional).