Meatballs in tomato sauce is a very tasty home-cooked dish loved by everyone. The meatballs of mixed minced meat of pork and beef go perfectly with the fresh tomato sauce. And the fresh chopped parsley leaves complete the aromatic flavour of the dish.
Meatballs in tomato sauce
- 500 g minced meat (beef and pork)
- 100 g bread (stale )
- 1 egg
- 10 g parsley (+ to sprinkle q.s.)
- 80 g onion
- 800 ml tomato pulp
- 100 ml water
- q.s flour
- q.s sunflower oil
- q.s salt
- q.s black pepper
- Soak the bread in water.
- Clean and finely chop the onion and parsley.
- Place the minced meat in a bowl and add the egg, bread (squeezed out of the water), onion, parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Knead everything.
- Form the mixture into small meatballs (about 30 g each).
- Roll the meatballs in the flour.
- In a saucepan, heat a little oil. Add the meatballs and slightly brown on both sides. They don't need to be completely fried.
- Add the tomato pulp, the water, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and leave it on low heat for about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with some chopped parsley before serving.