A tried-and-tested recipe for hot, fluffy, soft and fragrant mini croissants with an irresistible taste. The homemade mini croissants with marmalade are the perfect breakfast with a cup of aromatic coffee, cappuccino or tea.
Mini croissants with marmalade
- 1 yeast (10-11 g dry or 30 g fresh)
- 5 tbsp sugar (65 g)
- 900 g flour
- 1 vanilla
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- 250 ml milk
- 4 eggs
- marmalade (about 200 g)
- Pour the slightly warmed milk into a large bowl and dissolve the yeast. Add the sugar, vanilla and 4 tablespoons of flour and mix it. Add the oil and eggs, putting 1 yolk aside. Mix it all together with a hand whisk or with an electric mixer.
- Add the flour gradually, mixing and form the dough.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal parts of about 300 g each, make small balls, spread with a little oil and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Then roll out each ball with a rolling pin. Cut the dough into 8 triangles.
- Put a teaspoon of jam at the wide end of the triangle and roll each triangle from the base towards the tip. Mix the yolk with 1 tablespoon of milk and spread the croissants. Sprinkle them with some sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes.