Mojito – one of the most famous drinks, prepared at home in a few minutes.
Sunny summer, sea and cocktails on the beach – undoubtedly one of the most popular cocktails for cooling off on hot summer evenings is mojito.
Mojito is a traditional Cuban cocktail with a fresh and an invigorating taste. It is prepared with fresh mint, white rum, lime, brown sugar and sparkling water.
- 50 ml white rum
- 40 ml fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 5-6 sprigs mint (fresh )
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- q.s. sparkling water (or soda (about 100 ml))
- q.s. ice
- In a long drink glass (tall tumbler) put the mint and the brown sugar. Squeeze the lime and add the juice.
- Gently muddle the mint leaves with a pestle and mix it.
- Pour the rum and stir it.
- Add the ice cubes and top up with the sparkling water. Then add a little more ice.
- Decorate with a sprig of mint and a slice of lime. Serve it with a straw.