Pasta with cherry tomatoes and mozzarella – a quick and easy to make recipe with few ingredients.
It is a perfect idea for a tasty lunch or dinner in the summer. The dish has a light and delicious taste from the combination of fresh cherry tomatoes and basil.
Pasta with cherry tomatoes and mozzarella
- 180 g pasta
- 300 g cherry tomatoes
- 150 g mozzarella
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6-7 leaves basil
- 1 clove garlic
- q.s. salt
- q.s. black pepper
- Wash and cut the tomatoes in half or quarters, depending on the size.
- In a large saucepan, boil the water, salt and cook the pasta.
- Meanwhile, pour the olive oil into the pan and add the clove of garlic.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and about 150 ml of the pasta cooking water.
- Remove the garlic clove. Add the chopped basil, salt and pepper to taste. Leave it to cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta and mix it. Remove it from the heat.
- Finally, add the mozzarella, cut into cubes and mix it.
- Serve the pasta with some fresh basil leaves (optional).