The pasta with pumpkin and bacon is a very delicious dish with a rich and creamy taste. It is an excellent idea for autumn and winter months when pumpkin is a seasonal product and gives us its saturated color and valuable taste.
Pasta with pumpkin and bacon
- 160 g pasta ( farfalle)
- 300 g pumpkin (without skin and seeds )
- 100 g bacon (diced)
- 1/2 onion (small)
- 1 carrot (small)
- 20 g celery
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- q.s. salt
- q.s. black pepper
- q.s. thyme (fresh)
- First peel and clean the pumpkin, then cut it into cubes.
- In a large saucepan, boil water, add salt and cook the pasta. Drain when it is cooked ‘al dente’ (cook 2-3 minutes less than the package directions).
- Meanwhile, clean and finely chop the onion, the carrot and the celery. Stir-fry with the oil.
- Add the pumpkin and about 200 ml of the cooking water and cook for about 10 minutes until the pumpkin softens.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste. Then blend it.
- Add the pasta and mix it.
- Fry the diced bacon in a small saucepan. Drain the fat and sprinkle the bacon over the pasta.
- Serve immediately with some fresh thyme leaves. It might be also flavoured with nutmeg or dry chopped chilli pepper to taste.