The phyllo baskets are beautiful and elegant and can be used for several occasions. They can be filled with sweet or savoury ingredients. The sweet pineapple phyllo baskets are very good idea for a delicious dessert or breakfast. The combination of pineapple, coconut and almonds gives an exotic and saturated taste.
The pineapple and almonds could be replaced with apples and nuts.
Pineapple phyllo baskets
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry
- 250 g pineapple (fresh, diced)
- 20 g butter (melted)
- 50 g brown sugar
- 10 g coconut (grated)
- 15 g almonds (peeled, chopped )
- q.s. cinnamon
- q.s. powdered sugar (optional)
- Using a sharp knife, cut the phyllo pastry sheets into 6 equal squares.
- Brush the sheets with the melted butter, and place two pieces of them in each of the muffin cups.
- Fill the cups with the diced pineapple.
- Add a teaspoon of brown sugar in each cup, the chopped almonds and some cinnamon to taste. Sprinkle with the grated coconut.
- Put a phyllo sheet on top, brushed with some of the melted butter and close it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving (optional).