Pork and mushrooms are a classic combination. So surely everyone has a favorite recipe that always helps to surprise the guests. This recipe for pork fillet cups with mushrooms and cheese gives a different and fresh taste, thanks to the aromatic herbs. In addition it offers an original look and way of serving.
Pork fillet cups with mushrooms and cheese
- 12 slices pork fillet (about 5 mm thick, about 450 g)
- 60 ml white wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- q.s. basil (dried )
- q.s. salt
- q.s. black pepper
- 400 g mushrooms (champignon )
- 50 g butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 3-4 sprigs thyme
- 250 g cheddar cheese (or other cheese)
- Marinate the meat with the white wine, the olive oil, the rosemary leaves, basil, salt and black pepper to taste. Leave it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Wash and dice the mushrooms.
- Form the cups, placing the meat slices on the edges and on the bottom of pre-oiled muffin tray. Put it in a preheated oven at 200° for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan, add the diced mushrooms and stew for some minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the minced garlic, the fresh thyme leaves and salt to taste. Cook until the liquid evaporates.
- Fill each muffin cup with the mushrooms. After that cover each of them with a slice of cheese.
- Bake it for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot, as a single dish or with a side dish of choice.