Potato and tomato salad – a fresh, light and colourful salad .
The potato salad with vegetables is a tasty dish that can be enjoyed as a side dish or single dish.
The salad is perfect for a quick and light lunch or dinner during the summer.
Potato and tomato salad
- 500 g potatoes
- 300 g tomatoes
- 50 g red onion
- 50-60 g green peppers
- 6-7 leaves basil
- q.s. salt
- q.s. extra virgin olive oil
- q.s. oregano (dry, optional)
- q.s. olives (optional)
- Wash the potatoes. In a saucepan, put them to boil covered with salted water. When they are cooked, pass under cold water, drain and leave them to cool.
- Wash and dice the tomatoes. Put them in a large bowl.
- Wash and cut the peppers into strips. Add them.
- Peel and slice the onion, then add it to the bowl.
- Peel and dice the potatoes. Add them.
- Add the chopped basil leaves.
- Season with salt and olive oil to taste. Mix it.
- Add some dried oregano and olives to taste (optional).
- Serve the salad immediately or store it in a refrigerator.