Puff pastry roll with minced meat and boiled eggs is a recipe for a delicious appetizer with a rich flavour. It can be combined with fresh salad and served as a main course, as well. The proposal is also a great option for Easter.
Puff pastry roll with minced meat and boiled eggs
- 200 g minced meat
- 1 pack puff pastry (230 g, round)
- 4 eggs (boiled)
- 1 yolk
- 50 g peas (fresh or frozen )
- 50 g tomato sauce
- 1 tsp basil (dry)
- 1 tsp thyme (dry)
- q.s. black pepper
- q.s. salt
- q.s. poppy seeds (or other seeds)
- Mix the minced meat with the spices (basil, thyme, ground black pepper, salt).
- Spread the puff pastry on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Distribute the mixture, leaving a margin of about 2 centimetres of uncovered dough.
- Add the peas and tomato sauce. Above arrange the peeled boiled eggs and then salt them.
- Roll it up carefully and close the ends so that the filling does not come out.
- Make a few holes in the dough with a fork. Brush it with the beaten egg yolk and sprinkle the surface with poppy seeds or other seeds.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180° for about 45-50 minutes.