Pumpkin bread – a recipe for soft, fluffy and very tasty homemade bread rolls. The pumpkin, in addition to a pleasant yellow colour, also gives a rich taste.They go well with both sweet and savoury. Very suitable for making burgers.
- 250 g flour
- 350 g semolina
- 150 ml milk
- 250 g pumpkin (weight cooked)
- 20 g brewer's yeast (fresh)
- 40 ml olive oil
- 8 g salt
- q.s. pumpkin seeds
- Cook the pumpkin (steamed, baked or boiled) in advance and let it cool. Then blend it.
- Dissolve the brewer’s yeast in the milk (slightly warmed).
- In a bowl, pour the flour, semolina, milk with yeast, pumpkin puree and olive oil. Knead everything.
- Add the salt and knead it. Shape the dough into a ball.
- Cover the dough and leave it to rise for about 2 hours until it has doubled the volume.
- Shape the dough into rolls of about 100 g each. Arrange them in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush with some olive oil. Sprinkle with some pumpkin seeds previously soaked in water. Leave to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180° for about 15-20 minutes.