Red cabbage is a vegetable rich in many vitamins and minerals, antioxidants and beneficial nutrients. It brings favourable benefits to the body by helping to strengthen the immune system and improving the functioning of some of the main organs such as the heart, eyes and bones.
Red cabbage salad in combination with carrots, red pepper and parsley is a vitamin-rich dish that can be prepared in just a few minutes. The combination of flavours and colours brings delight both to the eyes and the palate. The lemon dressing underlines and completes the freshness of the vegetables.
Red cabbage salad
- 250 g red cabbage
- 80 g carrot
- 30 g red pepper
- 7-10 g parsley
- 20 g walnuts (shelled)
- q.s. salt
For the dressing:
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- q.s. black pepper (optional)
- Wash and dry the red cabbage. Cut into thin strips and season with a pinch of salt. Mix lightly with hands and transfer it to a bowl.
- Peel the carrot and grate it on a coarse grater. Add it to bowl.
- Wash and dry the red pepper. Cut it into thin strips and add it.
- Finely chop the parsley and sprinkle over the salad.
- Prepare the Citronette sauce: Squeeze the lemon and filter the juice through a strainer. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste. Mix with a whisk until the salt dissolves.Gradually add the olive oil, stirring in the meantime with a hand whisk and continue to mix until a creamy mixture is obtained. Pour the sauce over the vegetables.
- Mix everything well.
- Finely chop the walnuts and sprinkle over the salad. If desired, they can be lightly toasted in a pan or oven beforehand.
- Enjoy your meal!