Rice salad – a colourful, fresh and tasty dish.
Rice salad is suitable for everyone, it can be prepared in different ways with ingredients according to everyone’s taste.
The rice salad with tuna, corn, carrot and cherry tomatoes is the perfect idea for a summer dish. It is quickly to make. It is perfect to be served as a light dinner or a lunch at the office.
- 160 g rice (parboiled or another rice for salads)
- 100 g corn (canned)
- 150 g tuna (drained )
- 1 carrot ( about 60-70 g)
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 7-8 leaves basil (fresh)
- q.s. extra virgin olive oil
- q.s. salt
- Wash the rice and put it in salted boiling water. Cook it according to the directions on the package. Drain and rinse it under running cold water to stop cooking. Leave it to cool.
- In the meantime, peel and cut the carrot into julienne.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Put the rice in a large bowl. Add the carrots, tomatoes and the drained corn and tuna. Add the chopped basil leaves.
- Season with salt and olive oil to taste. Mix it.
- Serve the salad immediately or store it in the refrigerator.