The spaghetti with garlic, olive oil and chili pepper is a classic Italian dish. It is suitable for a quick to make lunch or dinner. It takes only a few steps and the requirement to use high quality fresh products. The spaghetti flavoured with garlic, olive oil, chili and fresh parsley give a sense of simplicity and at the same time it is full of rich aroma and irresistible taste.
Spaghetti with garlic, olive oil and chili
- 180 g spaghetti
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 red hot chili pepper (or 1-2 tsp crushed red chili pepper flakes)
- parsley (about 10 g)
- q.s. salt
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil, salt it and add the spaghetti. Cook ‘al dente’ (2-3 minutes less than the package directions).
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the garlic.
- Pour the olive oil into the pan and add the chopped garlic. Leave it on low heat for a few minutes, then add the crushed red chili pepper flakes (or chopped red hot chilli pepper). Stir for a few minutes.
- Add the drained spaghetti and one or two ladles of the cooking water. Add salt to taste, stir and leave on low heat for a few minutes. Finely chop the parsley and sprinkle on the spaghetti.
- Mix and serve the spaghetti hot.