Tiramisu – an original recipe for homemade tiramisu with fresh eggs, mascarpone, ladyfingers, cocoa and coffee.
Tiramisu is one of the most famous and beloved Italian desserts in Italy and in the world. It is present in the menu of almost every restaurant. It is also among the classic desserts for home celebrations and different events.
There are various recipes. This recipe for homemade tiramisu is from a friend of mine’s mother, who has received a lot of compliments for it.
The eggs are not heat-treated, so they need to be fresh. Based on the classic recipe, I created tiramisu without eggs and coffee, which is perfect for children and for anyone who does not like or for some reason can not consume coffee and raw eggs. The result is a delicious cake with an equally tempting and irresistible taste.
- 1 package ladyfingers (savoiardi 300 g)
- 500 g mascarpone
- 5 eggs (fresh )
- 100 g sugar
- 300 ml coffee
- q.s. cacao
- Prepare the coffee with a moka pot and let it cool.
- Separate the yolks from the whites into two bowls. Whip the yolks together with the sugar until a creamy mixture is obtained. Add the mascarpone and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add them to the other mixture gradually, mixing gently from the bottom upwards.
- Create a thin layer of the cream on the bottom of a tray (30 cm x 24 cm approximately). Dip the ladyfingers in the coffee and arrange them.
- Spread half of the cream on top, arrange another row of ladyfingers dipped in coffee and pour the rest of the cream on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours (better one night). Before serving, sprinkle plenty of cocoa powder over the entire surface.