Vegetable broth – a basic recipe for a homemade broth, ideal for the preparation of various soups, risotto, sauces and other dishes.
It is important to use fresh and quality vegetables in order to obtain a tasty and fragrant broth. The basic ingredients for the preparation are celery, carrot and onion. And in addition an aromatic bunch of parsley, rosemary, sage and bay leaf and also other vegetables could be added.
- 2 liters water
- 1-2 carrots (about 150 g)
- 1 stick celery (about 100 g)
- 1 onion (about 150 g)
- aromatic herbs – parsley, bay leaf, rosemary, sage ( optional)
- Wash and peel the carrots, celery and onion. Cut them into large pieces.
- Place them in a large saucepan and pour the water.
- Optional, add the aromatic bunch of fresh herbs (parsley stems and leaves, rosemary, sage and bay leaf).
- After that bring it to a boil. Then lower the heat and cook over low heat for about 1 hour.
- Filter it and the broth is ready for use.