The couscous with grilled vegetables is a delicious, tasty and colourful dish. It is quick to make and is ideal for a fresh summer dinner or a healthy office lunch.
The couscous goes well with the taste of fresh grilled vegetables and mint adds further freshness.
- 160 g couscous
- 1 zucchini (about 100-120 g)
- 1 aubergine (about 200 g)
- 1 carrot (about 80-90 g)
- 1 red pepper (about 100 g)
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 cloves garlic (optional)
- 7-8 leaves mint (fresh)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- q.s. olive oil
- q.s. salt
- Wash, dry and cut the aubergine into rounds of about 5 mm thick, salt on both sides and leave aside. Then dry them with kitchen paper.
- Peel the carrot and cut it into thin slices.
- Wash, dry and cut the zucchini into thin slices.
- Wash and cut the red pepper into strips.
- Wash and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Grill all the vegetables. Put the garlic (optional) in the grill pan to flavour the vegetables, then throw it away.
- In the meantime, prepare the couscous following the instructions on the package. For 160 g of couscous, bring 160 ml of water to the boil. Salt with a pinch of salt and pour the boiling water over the couscous. Cover and leave for 5 minutes. Shell the couscous with a fork and put it in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix it.
- Cut the grilled vegetables into cubes and place them in the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, the finely chopped mint leaves, salt and olive oil to taste. Mix it.
- Serve the dish immediately or store it in the refrigerator.