The homemade whole wheat seed bread is a food with high nutritional value. Thanks to the seed mix, it has a nice and crunchy taste, it goes well with sweet and salty. The incomparable and tempting aroma of hot bread, which besides being easily baked at home, is also very useful.
Whole wheat seed bread
- 600 g whole wheat flour
- 1 yeast (7 g dry or 25 g fresh)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 280 ml water (warm)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 g salt
- 90 g mixed seeds (flexed, sunflower, poppy, pumpkin, chia seeds)
- Put the seeds in a bowl with water. Leave them to soak for 15-20 minutes, then drain well.
- Dissolve the yeast, combining it with the sugar in the warm water.
- Mix the flour with the salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture and the olive oil. Stir with a wooden spoon, then start kneading the mixture by hands.
- Add the seeds, leaving a small amount to sprinkle on the top. Knead the dough well on a surface lightly dusted with flour.
- Put the dough in a bowl, cover and leave it for about 15-20 minutes.
- Shape the bread and put it in a tray, greased with oil or lined with baking paper. Leave it to prove in a warm place for about 3 hours until the dough doubles in volume.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the seeds and bake it in a preheated oven at 200° for about 40-45 minutes.
- Leave it to cool before cutting.