Zucchini and couscous balls are very tasty and healthy. They are easy to make and are an excellent alternative to the classic meatballs. The baked veggie balls are very suitable for children. They perfectly go with different types of sauces and salads.
Zucchini and couscous balls
- 1-2 zucchini (about 300 g)
- 60 g cheddar cheese (or parmesan)
- 2 eggs
- 5 g parsley
- 100 g couscous
- 60-70 g corn flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- q.s. salt
- Wash, peel and grate the zucchini with a grater with small holes. Set it aside for a few minutes to release the liquid.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to package directions. For 100 g of couscous, bring 100 ml of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and pour it over the couscous. Cover and let it steam for about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the grated zucchini to remove the excess water and place them in a bowl.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and add it to the bowl.
- Grate the cheese and add it.
- Finely chop the parsley and add it.
- Add 1 egg, the olive oil and salt to taste.
- Mix by hand until thoroughly incorporated.
- Shape the mixture into small balls.
- Roll the balls in the beaten egg and then in the corn flour.
- Arrange the balls in a tray covered with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 200° for about 20-25 minutes until browned.
- Serve the veggie balls with sauce or salad of choice.